EARTH AND SOLAR SYSTEM SCIENCES UNDER THE JOINT BANNER OF THE GEOPLANET DOCTORAL SCHOOL
Huge scientific, didactic and infrastructural potential are the pillars of the offer which our institutes have prepared for PhD students whose research interests focus on Earth and space.
GEOPLANET Doctoral School, officially established on 23 January 2019.
The factor that unites the School is the related research methodology, often common to the institutes forming the School, using the conceptual apparatus of physical and chemical sciences, mathematics and geology. The complementarity of represented scientific disciplines means that this unique enterprise will cover the essential spectrum of explorative research on the Earth and other planets.
A school that uses shared databases and works in interdisciplinary research groups will be a significant novelty both on the national and international education market.
The main tasks of the school will include educating doctoral students in the following subjects:
- climate change
- dynamics of geophysical and space processes
- natural disasters and extreme phenomena on Earth, in oceans and in space
- protection and exploitation of natural resources (including water management)
- monitoring of processes occurring on Earth, in oceans and in the Solar System
- developing new methods for the research and measurement of the Earth and space.